Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a boxer dog, she's called Kaddi and is as soft as a brush and daft too. :) She is three years old.

Does anyone else have boxers? And are yours daft too?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I wanted one soooo bad even had a name picked out but once I heard stories how they can have heart attacks out of the no where... I knew I couldnt handle that.
There was one couple who was in our show group. They had this amazing boxer won blue ribbons and went into the group shows, he was only like two yrs or something they thought he would have been the nat. champion. But after he got a big win they came back to the trailer and he was having a heart attack. After that they got out of boxers and went to huskies.

·
Registered
36 Posts
we acquired a boxer from my dads friend who use to leave it in there basement 24/7 and it was living in its own urine and feces. he showed aggression to my Shih-Tzu so we had to get rid of him.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I've never owned a boxer myself but I used to work part time at a kennel that showed and bred boxers and shiba inus. Boxers are great dogs and I loved being around them, especially the pups!

Do you have a picture of Kaddi you can share?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I LOVE boxers!!!! I have owned them for about 10 years now. We had a flashy fawn male Spartacus who lived to be 9 and died in a drowning accident about a year ago. We also have a fawn female Cassie who is 10 1/2 now. I have never heard about boxers dying suddenly to heart attacks. I know they can have some health problems, such as they are prone to skin cancer and like any large dog can have hip dysplasia.

As a matter of fact, we are getting a new boxer puppy this weekend! I am so excited. He is a flashy brindle male and his name is Bentley.

Boxers IMO are one of the best family dogs around. They love their people and would rather be with them than anything else. They will defend their familys to the death if necessary. They are great with children. Very patient and loving. I can't think of a better breed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have my white Boxer, Kerra! I absolutely love the breed. My cousin has a male Boxer as well named Rocky. He and Kerra get along really good but she has to discipline him sometimes because Boxers get rowdy! :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I LOVE Boxers!!! I own 2 and they are the best bread I have ever worked with. So much personality!! I will always have boxers in my life.

I haven't heard of them and heart attacks either??? interesting.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi I am new here, and I wanted to add that I just got a boxer/doberman mix puppy 2 days ago. Been up all night with the new baby trying to get him situated. Still haven't found a perfect name for him yet either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Boxers are the sweetest most wonderful dogs! They are extremely curious and intelligent, but they're so goofy, if you're not watching close enough you may think they're not very smart. If that dog left in the basement was aggressive at first it's because it was scared and nervous to be in a new home. I'm sure you tried your best, but he/she probably would've changed over time. After having a boxer once I will always have one as part of my family. They are the most loyal, wonderful dogs you can find.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have two boxers in my appartment and they are so clumssey and cerious about every little thing that i do i just know that they are smarter than they look its like haveing two more children

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I am new here, and I wanted to add that I just got a boxer/doberman mix puppy 2 days ago. Been up all night with the new baby trying to get him situated. Still haven't found a perfect name for him yet either.
with my two boxers it was easy i knew when i picked them based on their personality and deminer what their names would be just watch him play and sleep and pick a name that suits his personality and while he is sleeping call out that name see if he responds then you will konw if its right for him:dog-sleep:

·
Registered
98 Posts
we named him Tyson b/c he is a little knockout. LOL It was narrowed down to that or romeo, but it sounded too close to my other dog, koko. didn't want to get them confused. It fits, and he answers to it well. He is such a ham.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have to agree ... Boxers are fantastic! We have a female reverse brindle that is 2 years old named Roxy ... She was a pain when she was a pup and awful frisky but now i wouldnt change it for anything. She is the best natured and has the funniest personality i have ever see in a dog, and she wouldnt hurt a fly. I will probably own a boxer for the rest of my life!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
boxers have been my all time favorite breed for like..5 years now! and since then i've been begging to my dad for one. until my 16th b-day when my mom and stepdad said that they would get me one!:D

<<<Jett(my avatar). we got him yesterday! hes a little bundle of joy and follows me everywhere! he loovveess to take naps and play outside. hes also VERY opinionated! he barks at the sqeaker toys..i think to tell them to shut up LOL! and he also loves it when i sing him a lullaby before he goes to bed..it calms him down i think. i'm soo looking forward to life in the future with this guy! hes so fun!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi I am new here. I have a Boxer Pup 9 wks old named Murdoc. He has me wrapped around his big paws. I need to get some new pictures this was taken when he was 5 wks old.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was raised with Boxers and love them to death! Yes, they can die from heart problems. One of my boys died from a heart based tumor. And his sire dropped dead when he was 10 from Cardiomyopathy. His granddaughter, when she was 4, threw a cluster of arrhythmias and almost died. Thank God she didn't! She didn't even need to have any meds for it till she was 10 1/2 years old.

Boxers don't have many health problems but the major one is Boxer (Dilated) Cardiomyopathy.

Go to this website to read more about Boxers: American Boxer Club

Even though this might scare you, (It sure did me! Especially since I was there and saw it!) This is a great website for everything about the Boxer.

I'm looking for a new Boxer girl myself! I just can't live without one! They are the best dogs period! :rockon:

Here is a picture of my old one that I lost a couple of years ago. She was about 2 years old in the 1st picture. (I hope I did this right!) and 10 1/2 years old in the second picture.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 48 Posts