Dog Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, has anyone any experience of boxer x lab, am thinking of getting a pup, any info would be great,
thanks in advance

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
hey, has anyone any experience of boxer x lab, am thinking of getting a pup, any info would be great,
thanks in advance
The most amazing dog in my life was a boxer/lab. He was very calm but very protective. Loved to swim, play fetch, and cuddle. Very very loyal dog. Posted below is a pic of him in his aged years thinning out a bit (he is on the right in the photo of the two dogs)

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have an 8 month old boxer doberman mix, and he is the sweetest pup..a little stubborn, but that comes with the boxer breed, lol. lab and boxer sounds like a good mix, they are both sweet temperament, and smart, but as puppies they are a bit rambunctious...so beware..lol

Attachments

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
i have never had a boxer of my own, but my family had a lot of labs and i have played with a lot of boxers. all dogs are individuals so personality will vary, but you should think about what the breeds are meant to do. both are considered athletic. i've met a few labs that just didn't have any down-time, very high energy, and a few boxers like this as well. even if you get one that seems mellow, you should plan on a lot of exercise and mental stimulation (both are very intelligent breeds) i think they are also very social breeds so you should be able to enjoy time at the dog park together and other outings like that. otherwise, i say go for it, and enjoy your new friend!

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Bubby is a pitbull/lab, and he is a handful and even though I trained him right from the start he ended up getting in trouble and now is in obediance :/
He hasnt acted up since, and it the perfect family dog, and hes only been in obediance a few days.
Both of the breed are hyper when young 0_0
My aunt Kelly has a boxer named Sandy, shes been to three trainers and continues to act up. She is 3yrs, so I would advise you to train at an early age. Ofcourse, I think this should be done with all dogs *stair at Bubby*.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
I think its plenty fair to say that that mix of breeds is going to want ALOT of exercise...lol :)
Very true. Ali (my old dog god rest his wonderful soul) swam every day in summer and ran through the yard (they have a huge lot) daily and even accompanied me on my walks a couple times a week. Very very good inside too!

·
Registered
54 Posts
this is probebly not very useful, but i had 2 boxers next door and our hen went missing. the day we were going to white water world, in the morn my sister and dad went on there land and saw a toy hen head on the ground.my sister saw it was my hen and the dogs had killed her.she notesed it was her because the day she ate a toad and survived,(had to use an eye dropper to feed her) SHe had a chip in her beak and saw that same chip on the beak on the head on the ground. My sister shouts at them every time she sees them ( she loves it) . and i thank her for that.they did't tell me until after we came home from white water world or it would have entirely wreaked my day. the owners didn't even apologise.

Thats my experience, probably didn't help but anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts