Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard boxer people use the term 'fancy' when they talk about their boxer color, like fancy brindle, fancy fawn. What does fancy mean when talking about boxer colors or patterns?

Might sound like a dumb question to some of you, but I've only been a boxer caregiver for just under a year and she wasn't exactly my choice, so I know very little about the breed other than mine is sure a handful, there are days I can fully understand why she ended up at the pound :D.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I think that you may have heard them say 'Flashy' and not fancy.

A flashy boxer will generally have a combination of alot of white in the areas of the mask, neck, chest & socks (not just white feet) but not exceeding 1/3 of the body.

There are no dumb questions - my Boxer boy was also from the pound and I really cannot understand why he was there, we have had him 3 years now and could not imagine our family without him.

Reactions: Qtpie57

·
Registered
187 Posts
I class a flashy boxer as also having 30% white on it, I've looked for a photo of one to :)

I would say that he is a nice flashy Boxer.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I would say that he is indeed a very handsome boxer!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whoa, now that is one handsome boxer, makes my poor little Tosh look like a ugly stepchild, lol.

So now I'm wondering if Tosh can be considered a flashy, I'm kind of hoping so, poor thing doesn't have a whole lot about her to brag about:D.

She has a totally white chest, 3 completely white feet that does go a little up the hock and one leg with a sock, a thin white stripe that goes from the top of her forehead, down her muzzle and then veers off down one side of her nose. Plus she also has a white dot between her shoulder blades if that counts.

These are the only pics I have that show her white parts, not the best of pics, but maybe you can tell me if I can call her flashy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aww Chaz, I'll tell her you said that. I swear she has a way of looking at me that makes me feel like I treat her like the ugly stepchild. Look wise, she's not my cup of tea, but I really do love my little nubby tail bouncy butt.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I would not say Tosh is flashy - I would however say that she is totally gorgeous.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I found a description on a 'Boxer' site I belong to that perfectly describes the Flashy Boxer.

Flash refers to any white markings on a boxer. A plain or classic boxer has little white, generally confined to the feet and chest.
A "flashy" boxer is one with more extensive white markings, extending some distance up the legs, not just the feet, on the face and around the neck. Depending on the extent of the white markings, dogs are sometimes described as "flashy" or "semi-flashy". Flash is actually lack of pigmentation and is due to the dog having one copy of the extreme white spotting gene. A dog with two copies of that gene will be predominantly or completely white (ultra flashy!).

·
Registered
5 Posts
My boxer Zendaya is a flashy brindle. 9 months old so she doesnt have that full boxer face. Shes got white on her neck and chest and 4 white socks. Shes beautiful and I think she knows it, lol. EFFECTS.jpg IMG_20200111_091544.jpg EFFECTS.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts