Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering some opinions on the breed my Dusty is. The papers from the pound say Border Collie and Wire Hair Terrier mix but I don't think that's correct. I see no wire hair traits in him. I'm actually starting to think he's a mcnab because of these big ears! The dog he's next to is my little girl Lily she's a chihuahua/terrier mix I believe Jack Russell. But anyhow here are some pics I'm interested to hear your opinions. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Border collie x rat terrier? He's a cutie! I love those ears, and the ticking is really unique!

·
Super Moderator
4,614 Posts
The ticking and ears are so cute. He almost looks like maybe an ACD mix?

Reactions: purplesully

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both! His ears are what I fell in love with! Thanks for on input yeah I'm trying to think of big eared dogs he might be a part of. But he does have short legs in a long body. So I think he may even have a little corgi in him?? He's got those big ears for sure.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Border collie x rat terrier? He's a cutie! I love those ears, and the ticking is really unique!
I was thinking the same thing. He reminds me of a dog on another forum who is believed to be an ACD/Rat Terrier mix, only with a longer coat.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Yeah, I think ACD and Rat Terrier is more like it. Border Collies don't have ticking, but ACDs do, and he's got a very Rat/Jack Russel Terrier look about him too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never thought rat terrier but I do see where you guys are coming from. And not to argumentative but border collies can definitely have ticking. And he definitely is part border collie.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts