Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This little guy is listed as a Collie/Pyr mix but he doesn’t look very Pyrenees to me. I’m probably wrong but I just wanted to get some other opinions. His foster mom said he is 4 months old.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Kind of looks to me like they're smooth collie and possibly great pyrenes. I definitely don't think a border collie as the hair is short. But on ralph i can see the square snout and and a few other traits of pyrenes. if you're wanting a longer coat though, these pups would be fluffier at this point. At 4 months they look very short/ small to be great pyrenes, that may just be the picture angles though. He'd be my pick out those pups though. he's very cute.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Um, border collies can have smooth coats. Definitely don’t go by length of fur when determining if the pup has BC. I could easily see BC and great pyr in him. Why do you question the foster mom? Does it matter to you what breed the dog is?

·
Registered
489 Posts
I can see pyrenees especialy in ralph and the one at the back but i definately dont see border collie or lassie collie.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Borders have rough, smooth, wavy, and can have tight curls like a poodle, you can also get bearded border collies. My pure border collie had a wavy coat and people used to joke she had a perm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts