Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

As most of you know, I have a new very cute (landshark) Border Collie puppy. I realize it is way early to be asking this, but I'm curious about her ears. I know BC ears are a little crazy and go all over the place, and don't really settle until their teeth come in.

I'm wondering what the chances are that she will end up with erect ears based on her parents, essentially what is the genetic component to ear set.

I'll attach a picture of her at eight weeks, and also her parents. Mom is the black tri, and daddy is the red.

Thanks everyone! :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
I would guess that she is going to have similar ears as her parents. I believe they are called rose eared. And what beautiful parents! Are they working dogs?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I'd day probably the same as her parents. Mum and Dad are beautiful!

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are! They are Goose-hazing dogs. :)

·
Registered
717 Posts
With mom and dad having folded ears, the chances of puppy ending up with anything else are slim. They are stunning dogs, and your puppy is super cute.

·
Registered
951 Posts
do you have pictures of grandparents?

Mom and Dad are good indicators, but sometimes they each have a dominant and recessive at work, taking a look at grandparents and siblings will give you a wider view of possibilities.

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm, I don't have any pictures of the grandparents, but I did meet some prick-eared border collies while there.

Here's a recent picture, I'm still hopeful maybe they'll pop up, but it doesn't look good, mayyyyyybe one.

Also please ignore my muddy dogs. :p

Reactions: jclark343

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Hmm, I don't have any pictures of the grandparents, but I did meet some prick-eared border collies while there.

Here's a recent picture, I'm still hopeful maybe they'll pop up, but it doesn't look good, mayyyyyybe one.

Also please ignore my muddy dogs. :p
Lol this picture is like my worst nightmare. 2 wet, muddy, hairy dogs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.