Dog Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Boodro
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need to identify what these are. He has them on both ears. He sometimes shakes his head as if to shake them out.

What are they and what at home can I do. I can not afford a vet right now.

Thanks
Hood Dog breed Carnivore Tints and shades Companion dog
Water Whiskers Window Snout Fur
Eyelash Beard Dog breed Carnivore Felidae
Jeans Dog Carnivore Fawn Companion dog

·
Super Moderator
6,502 Posts
Sorry, but I think that needs a vet, especially as it seems to be bothering him.

You may find some suggestions in this thread helpful.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Flybite. Go to chemist and get antiseptic cream or better still manuka honey wound gel. You have to be very careful to keep flies bugs away while healing. Try keep indoors or go to pet shop get bug repelllant

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Since we do not know what this is, trying to treat it at home with honey or something else is actually unwise. The dog needs to be seen by a vet to determine what is causing the problem. It's possible that putting a topical treatment on it will only make it worse. without a vet's advice, you won't know.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I dont know why i bother wasting my time helping people with sound advice, i have better things to do

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I dont know why i bother wasting my time helping people with sound advice, i have better things to do
Beardogjesse, your advice is welcome and it may indeed be good. But the thing is that when we are on an internet forum and cannot see the dog in person it is impossible for us to know for sure what is going on with the dog. Seeing a medical professional should always be the first thing someone tries if they do not know what is going on.

Once a person knows what it is, then home remedies may be just the right thing. But to try to treat something with home remedies without knowing what it is could be dangerous. What if this were a fungus that would feed on honey and replicate, making the problem worse? Such things do exist. Not saying it is that, of course, but that's just the thing. We do not know.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Beardogjesse, your advice is welcome and it may indeed be good. But the thing is that when we are on an internet forum and cannot see the dog in person it is impossible for us to know for sure what is going on with the dog. Seeing a medical professional should always be the first thing someone tries if they do not know what is going on.

Once a person knows what it is, then home remedies may be just the right thing. But to try to treat something with home remedies without knowing what it is could be dangerous. What if this were a fungus that would feed on honey and replicate, making the problem worse? Such things do exist. Not saying it is that, of course, but that's just the thing. We do not know.
FYI raw honey, medihoney ect actually helps treat fungal infections. I dont makes suggestions lightly i make sure i know what im talking about first

·
Registered
653 Posts
It is really hard to tell from the photos what is going on with Boodro's ears, and I understand the situation you are in, and wanting to help your pup. Something I have used in the past and worked well to treat abrasions, or hot spots, on my dogs, is black tea, applied 3 or 4 times a day.

Black tea has tannins that dry up the wound, stop the infection, and help it heal. Steep a black tea in 8 ounces of water and let it cool. Then use either the tea bag or a cotton ball to apply tea to the sore. Let it stay there for up to 5 minutes or however long your dog will tolerate it for.

This article may be helpful.

Home Remedies for Dog Hot Spot Treatment (vetinfo.com)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts