Dog Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Agility has been closed down around here, no trials in the last two years so have stopped training. Today for the first time in almost two years I took Bonnie (my Golden Doodle) into town to start doing Agility again. Small group none of which have ever competed but set up a course and all took a turn running it. (They have all been practicing Agility so not beginners) Felt really good to get back doing it and Bonnie performed like she had never stopped. I had just started to compete with her before Covid and she had won a clean round in Gamblers for her first Q.
Dog Dog agility Vertebrate Dog breed Carnivore
Dog Carnivore Companion dog Water dog Dog sports
Dog Carnivore Companion dog Water dog Dog sports

· Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bonnie loves doing Agility but almost never made it as she was attacked by a German Shepherd that ran out of the ring at her first trial when I was walking by and jumped on her from behind us. It took a long time to get her confidence back but once she realized they were not coming to get her, she started having fun. My other little dog, a Shih Tzu x Maltese was running in Masters before Covid but is 10 years old now so probably will just retire her. Bonnie is 7 years old.

· Registered
1,248 Posts
Bonnie loves doing Agility but almost never made it as she was attacked by a German Shepherd that ran out of the ring at her first trial when I was walking by and jumped on her from behind us. It took a long time to get her confidence back but once she realized they were not coming to get her, she started having fun. My other little dog, a Shih Tzu x Maltese was running in Masters before Covid but is 10 years old now so probably will just retire her. Bonnie is 7 years old.
How sad that she was attacked. Sad because covid put everyone so behind in training.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.