Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So around six thirty jess all a sudden her right hip started shaking then ran outside playing with Cooper ozzy Charlie . Got silly then dad alerted me yo her shaking jon stop. Held her continued aftrr fIbe mins rang aftrr hour vet. Took her. She there overnight panting ans shaking non stop.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Rang and body tremors gone down somewhat and has eaten which no doubt has chicken in it but right now priority is to get her fixed and back to herself.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What a worrisome night for you. Does the vet know what the problem might be?
Very worrisome for sure. suspect shaking syndrome found in white dogs had 10mg or more of diazepam and few others. she ok atm. very confused and sedated

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Hope Jessie gets well soon *hugs*

Reactions: crazy

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hope Jessie gets well soon *hugs*
Thanks, so do i. *hugs back* thanks that hug was badly needed. could be Shaker Syndrome in Dogs | petMD

i hear in her breeds there is white and her father was mainly grey with white and grey so very possible.

1. Blood sugar was 6.0
  2. she could stand and walk when put her down
  3. Body constantly was shaking
  4. Heavy panting and drooling
  5. looked confused but alert
  6. wasnt herself for sure
  7. it kept happening on and on
  8. Had diazepam rectal and x 2 5mg tablets
  9. had some other meds
  10. eaten (not chicken food they noted chicken allergy)
  11. Temp 39.3
Poor Jessie just so glad she pulled through i seriously cant lose her yet that was my biggest fear. Dad admitted to me and mum it bought back bad memories of me having seizures. I can now appreciate what they went through with me. Oh never seen such a thing happen.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Poor Jessie, I'm so sorry you all have to go through something like this! I took a look at the link and it looks like there's a good chance of recovery. Will keep you and Jessie in my thoughts!

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Poor Jessie, I'm so sorry you all have to go through something like this! I took a look at the link and it looks like there's a good chance of recovery. Will keep you and Jessie in my thoughts!
Its first time my parents never mind me have seen such a thing in any dog! i was **** scared but forced myself to be calm and re assuring and just held and kissed and talked to her. Go vets in 43 mins. Thank you. will keep you all updated

Reactions: Rileysaur

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
Oh hon, I'm so sorry, you must have been terrified ((((HUGS))))

Praying that she feels better and is back to her fun, loving, self, fast!

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh hon, I'm so sorry, you must have been terrified ((((HUGS))))

Praying that she feels better and is back to her fun, loving, self, fast!
I was very very terrified but kept calm and didnt cry at the vets but asked what giving her to keep me from crying. long as focused on medical side of things i was ok but deep down so worried and so petrified. ((((((((((((((((((((hugs back)))))))))))))))))))))) i couldnt bear to take a photo it would of distressed you all. took photo of her resting though.

Dad took us to ER no questions asked and mum agreed, rang after hours they told us to come straight in and we got seen immediately over spinal case.

Thank you for the prayers much needed

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I hope Jesse feels better soon. My, now deceased, JRT was given a diagnosis of white shaker dog syndrome when he was around two years old. There is no definitive test, at least not back then. He had a CAT scan and a spinal tap to rule out a few things. He had quite a few of the classic symptoms of the syndrome. He got Valium for a few days and then prednisone for several months. He gradually improved and was weaned off the steroid. Occasionally, for a few years afterwards, he would have a flare up and I'd have him back on the steroid for ten days to two weeks. I felt lucky as some dogs have to remain on the steroids for the rest of their life.

I know I was very scared because of the scary symptoms when it first started. I too thought I would lose him, he was that bad. Hang in there. Hopefully Jesse will improve and be back to her self soon.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hope Jesse feels better soon. My, now deceased, JRT was given a diagnosis of white shaker dog syndrome when he was around two years old. There is no definitive test, at least not back then. He had a CAT scan and a spinal tap to rule out a few things. He had quite a few of the classic symptoms of the syndrome. He got Valium for a few days and then prednisone for several months. He gradually improved and was weaned off the steroid. Occasionally, for a few years afterwards, he would have a flare up and I'd have him back on the steroid for ten days to two weeks. I felt lucky as some dogs have to remain on the steroids for the rest of their life.

I know I was very scared because of the scary symptoms when it first started. I too thought I would lose him, he was that bad. Hang in there. Hopefully Jesse will improve and be back to her self soon.
Poor dog at least i dont feel i'm only one on here with a dog who may have it. We not doing spinal tap yet seeing what bloods come back with any minute now. but dr mike thinks its that. He was very upset and worried and got down to her level and was sad to see her like she is currently. i swear he loves Jessie. Yes its very scary. Im letting her rest alot to recover so hopefully be fine xmas day.

Dad had the opportunity to see how good dr mike is with me and saw how mike explained things in a different way to me and asked if i understood as he knows people with aspergers find things hard to take in after such a experience. his daughter has aspergers you see like me. comes to around $500 between afterhours and dr mike but no matter what the cost doesnt matter atm we just want her healthy and put high priority claim in to insurance company already

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Having a vet like Dr Mike is priceless. I'm sending lots of good thoughts your way for little Jesse.
Oh for sure grabby! he is absolutely fantastic i recently got him some chocolates as thank you and merry christmas for everything. Just rang up her breeder and she is upset to hear of it and no one else has rung to say of such a thing and wants to know how we get on. She thanked me for ringing to let her know.

Chemistry results normal now for cbc to wait for

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
So sorry to hear of this--is she better now? Is there any possibility she got into something like chocolate? Hope she is back to normal soon :huddle:

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So sorry to hear of this--is she better now? Is there any possibility she got into something like chocolate? Hope she is back to normal soon :huddle:
:huddle: back. Yes she is so far very quiet and understandably needing plenty of rest and quiet. she probably feel like she done lots of marathons.

Nope no chance of chocolate i dont let her near the stuff at all and make sure i dont drop any.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
one set of bloods back are normal waiting for the other set to come in next few days. Oh i had never seen such a thing and i thought i was going to lose her even my brother was scared never mind my parents and if they were so scared you can imagine how scared i was deep down but i couldnt show it. i was very strong for Jessie and kept calm giving her so many hugs and kisses talking to her i told her cant lose her to get better your too precious to me. As soon as got out the doors i burst into tears then later on again at parents i admitted my fears for Jessie mum hugged me tight then dad and i went to buy chocolate

·
Super Moderator
3,744 Posts
I'm sending you my warmest thoughts and prayers for Jesse's recovery. I'm so glad that you have a wonderful vet and a supportive family.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you susan. Yes very lucky indeed. Oh guess what you guys dad admitted the old vets were rude and different that Mike is alot better then the old ones! That's major achievement. He was with me during consultation and saw how he is and how he helped me understand things how good he is with both jess and I. Mike even got down on his knees to get to her level when saying hello to Jessie he was so loving and soft with her.

Reactions: Rain

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jessie is still quiet and resting alot but she did go through alot and 3 lots of diazepam (rectal and then 2 x 5mg tablets) is that alot for 5.6kg dog @TiggerBounce ?

Photos from yesterday after picked her up and at parents going home in few hours time till tommorow christmas eve nz time.

Attachments

Reactions: Rileysaur
1 - 20 of 34 Posts