Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a bloated dog be in pain if you touch their bellies? My dog is a little overweight and it is hard to visually tell if her belly is bloated.

She is keeping down food but has retched a couple times and hasnt had a BM all day. She is comfortable lying down and snuggling with me. No heavy panting or pacing or drooling.

Im a first time dog owner so I am so nervous.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
442 Posts
Will a bloated dog be in pain if you touch their bellies? My dog is a little overweight and it is hard to visually tell if her belly is bloated.

She is keeping down food but has retched a couple times and hasnt had a BM all day. She is comfortable lying down and snuggling with me. No heavy panting or pacing or drooling.

Im a first time dog owner so I am so nervous.
Posted via Mobile Device
The best thing to do is go to a vet if it keeps up. It could be an obstruction of some sort. I hope she is better soon.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hi newdogmom

It doesn't look bloated to me but it's hard to tell from a photo. What do you feed her on?

Lynsey

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I would be very concerned about a possible obstruction, which can be fatal is not treated. You need to get her to a Vet. Its maybe nothing to worry about, but wouldn't it be nice to know for sure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did go to the vet this morning. Not bloating. No obstructions that they could find. They said fast her for today and bland diet and if she is still not well by tomorrow to bring her back in.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update

Great news.

Not bloat and not an obstruction.

It was a combination of abruptly changing her food (the place I adopted her from didnt' give me specifics of what they fed her) and food intolerances. I've had her on a bland kibble diet for 3 days now and she is like a new dog.

Might look into special kibbles to give her for her tummy.

Thanks for all the help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts