Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a couple days ago I was out running errands minding my own business and get a phone call about a puppy that was found in a box on the side of the road out in the middle of no where, 2 of the pups in the box didn't make it and the one that was still alive wasn't doing well. I went and picked him up and took his dehydrated seizure having pup to the vet. He has gotten so active that they had to take the catheter out this morning cause he was messing with it last night. They also gave him a dose of anti seizure meds when he got there and started him on IV fluid pump and glucose. We ran blood work and his sugar wasn't too low. However the well meaning person who picked him up off the side of the road the previous evening had given him corned beef. Any way just got the call from the vet that he is up and active, doing all the normal puppy stuff and totally blind.

The Dr.s are not sure why he is blind and said that with all he has been through it may be able to reverse and there is a possibility of his vision coming back.

Does anyone have any input into anything I can to to help increase his odds? Oh and he is probably about 5 weeks old, some sort of shepherd looking mix, going to be a big furry boy, and I already feed raw.

Thank you.

·
Registered
286 Posts
i think because of its age, it was probably born blind, and there is not allot that can be done. when i was working in kennels, the owner rescued a blind dog, and it was the most adorable, sweet girl, she coped remarkably well, just following peoples voices. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts