Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so with the snow on the ground i walked my dog yesterday morning and he started abit of a limp and when i stopped him he held up his paw like he would last winter when it was cold and i warmed it up in my hands for a moment and he seemed fine, then when getting home he limped some more for about an hour or so, was fine for the day until i walked around the backyard with him when he came in he started the limp again, pretty much same today only appearing after some time outside. i haven't seen a whiteout of any sort from him or any visible reason for injury, he has hip dysplasia but it definitely seems to be coming from one of his from legs hard to pinpoint which one, should this be something i take to the vet soon or should i see if it persists over the next couple days? also what're some home treatments i could do to help? i've tried to feel around and checked him out abit, and i cannot find any point of irritation, so hard to apply heat or cold in affected areas when you can't find them, thanks!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Sounds like he has had something going on for a year or so. If you don't know why he is limping, and as long term as this has been, yes taking him to the Vet would be the right thing to do. You didn't say how old he is, but it could possibly be arthritis or ???? Regardless you need to know what is going on with him, so you can know how to treat it, or what to do to avoid making it worse.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like he has had something going on for a year or so. If you don't know why he is limping, and as long term as this has been, yes taking him to the Vet would be the right thing to do. You didn't say how old he is, but it could possibly be arthritis or ???? Regardless you need to know what is going on with him, so you can know how to treat it, or what to do to avoid making it worse.
He is a year and a half

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
after i got him booties last winter he was completely fine,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts