Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I'm new here so bear with me!?? I have a 4 year old 18lb papillon/sheltie mix (and possibly other breeds mixed in there). He has pretty long hair... except for his belly of course. I'd say within the last year I noticed that his nipples were turning black- didnt think anything of it. Recently I noticed little black specs within his skin. Almost looks like clogged pores, but if I pinch them a little bit (no force just folding his skin a bit) I noticed that some of these specs are sticking out... I assume its dirt. Tonight after bathing him I was rubbing the "dirty area" with some benzoyl peroxide and I noticed that all but 2 of his nipples are introverted. I gently pinched one (which is black) and felt a small little bump. I rolled his skin a certain way and pulled out some dirt (this is leading up to my question. It didn't bother him or hurt him at all. After getting a closer look at what I pulled out I wasn't too sure if it was dirt with small little hairs attached... or possibly a dead parasite?! He did have fleas a little over a month ago... I treated him and got him a flea collar - no more fleas! YAY! But this stuff I pulled out of him looked a lot like a dead flea... is that even possible?! That area doesn't seem to bother him at all and the amount of small black specs have gone down after using the peroxide. I'm just worried and also really weirded out by what I pulled out of him. Has anyone experienced anything similar to this?! The pictures I posted are 1st the stuff I pulled out of his nipple...then little dirt specs... his 2 regular nipples... his black nipples... and what the nipple I pulled that stuff out looks like now. Thank you to anyone who read this and can possibly give me some answers/insight before I can get him to the vet!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there- I have a 9 year old Pomeranian mix and I started noticing the same thing- I thought two spots under front legs- almost directly under ‘armpit’ were blackheads- did u ever find out/talk to vet? My make is neutered/on goes/tick meds -

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.