Dog Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys - new here - I have a 4 year old Shih Tzu Maltese x - I call him a Shiteze -- he has had black specks on his black for ages - they look like flea dirt - he is on Nexguard spectra - I did take him to the vet and he just said probably fleas -- I have never seen a flea on him - they would be easy to see as his fur is very sparse -- I did the test with the tissue paper and water and they did not turn reddish -- he does get a lot of allergies - may have nothing to do with it -- any ideas ???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no not attached - I can comb them off with a fine tooth come - just removed them last night to do the water test - will do a photo when they come back in a few days

·
Registered
12 Posts
That is quite strange indeed. I know about black specks that are not flea dirt but those are part of the skin and result from Cushing's disease. Dirt that is neither dirt or flea dirt beats me. Particularly since it appears on the same spot. Could it be little scabs?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he does get mole come up up in the same area - which is also strange - he was booked in to have it c out and it fell off the day before -- it came back a few months later skin coloured - turned black - booked him in to the vet and it fell off again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts