Dog Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new here! My husband and I adopted a 4 month old female lab mix about 2 weeks ago. We are trying to figure out what she is mixed with since it is so obvious it is something. We kind of narrowed it down to two breeds; pit bull and greyhound. We are going off of her ears, tail, and random coloring around her next, shoulders, and the back of her legs. At first I thought the ears and tail looked like a pit, but now im thinking greyhound because pits have a wide body and are "bulky." She is very thin more like a greyhound. We don't really care what she is mixed with because we love her anyway! Just very curious!
Any opions would be helpful!
I have attached photos of her!

Attachments

·
Registered
573 Posts
I don't see the pit. I'd say maybe shepard. It might become clearer as she grows up. Cute dog!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
7,625 Posts
Well, there's quite a few breeds that'll produce brindle type coloring when crossed out, so that may not mean much. How much does she weigh?

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
I see pit. There are two types of lab, American and English, and I believe it's the American that has a much leaner build like your pup

·
Registered
25 Posts
I see more pitt than greyhound. The thing with labs is that they have such variation in body and head shape that it can be hard to pick out which characteristics come from the lab and which aren't lab.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
you sure she's not brindle? Those patches of fur look like it. Are the hairs within that patch all one color per hair or is the strand of those hairs kind of striated?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I see a pit face and a lab/pit cross can start our looking a lot like your dog. Give her a few months like 6 to 8 to fill out. My male lab mix was about 40-50 lb @ 5 months and now @ 2.4 years is about 70-80 lb. He started to fill out around 8-10 months old!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I know this post is years old so it's a very big stretch to try and get in touch but I'm freaking out because your dog looks EXACTLY like mine that I adopted around the same time! I'm literally wondering if they're from the same litter because I live in southern california. I would love to get in touch with you and see if you've had any further luck identifying the breed as I still don't know 7 years later. I'm really hoping to identify him because he's such an angel I want to get another of the same breed. Sorry I can't attach photos, all my photos are on my phone and I'm on the computer right now :(.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, new here! My husband and I adopted a 4 month old female lab mix about 2 weeks ago. We are trying to figure out what she is mixed with since it is so obvious it is something. We kind of narrowed it down to two breeds; pit bull and greyhound. We are going off of her ears, tail, and random coloring around her next, shoulders, and the back of her legs. At first I thought the ears and tail looked like a pit, but now im thinking greyhound because pits have a wide body and are "bulky." She is very thin more like a greyhound. We don't really care what she is mixed with because we love her anyway! Just very curious!
[/QUOTE looks like a flat coat English lab and a greyhound mix
To me she looks like a flat coat English black lab and a greyhound mix

1 - 14 of 14 Posts