Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope someone is able to give me advice on this issue. I was at another forum Dogforums and I was turned away, and my thread was closed. It seems they don't like to answer health related questions.

But a couple days ago I was checking my dog for fleas and I noticed one hair looking thing on her. I am not sure if it is normal or not. But if anyone has seen something similar or has any input on if this is something serious that requires treatment I would very much appreciate it. At this point I am of the opinion that it isn't bad. This is my first female dog I've ever raised since she was a puppy, so I am still learning things. Like when she started loosing her puppy teeth I never knew they did that. She is a female beagle mix. She has had her shots, and been fixed.

Here is a zoomed in picture of the strange hair like thing. She doesn't seem to be in any pain or discomfort by it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Parasite maybe? I'd err on the side of caution and take her for a quick check at the vet.
Thank you. I'll call them tomorrow and see what they think. I didn't think it looked like a normal hair. But Like I said still new at this. It's the only one she has that looks like that. Thick and long not thin like a hair. My first reaction was to try to cut or pull it out, but I thought again and figured that wouldn't be a very good idea. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts