Dog Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Its an awkward angle looking from above,do you have a pics taken at dog level from front & from side with dog standing?

Cute girl, has same markings as my greyhound.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh my that looks like my sons little dog. He rescued her from Cabo San Lucas in mexico. Look up McNab Collie. I think our little Gracie is a McNab collie and beagle mix-like Snoopy from Charlie Brown.

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
Looks like some BC to me too, maybe with some Australian Cattle Dog?
But it is hard to tell from that angle... can you post some other pics, from the side?

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Yeah she looks mostly BC to me, maybe Mcnab, but the two are very similar appearance wise...It would help if you could get some better photos of her. Side view of her body and head. But of what I see so far, looks like a border collie.

What about her makes you think she's not BC or not full? Is it something about her temperament?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree about her looking like a McNab. She acts very Border Collie (tons of energy), but the ears are very close together. She also maybe has more of a terrier shaped face.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Yeah I see what you mean about her head not quite being BC!

And those ears, omg, so cute LOL. I'm not sure what she'd have in her that would throw those huge ears....Do you think a bully breed could be a possibility? That could explain the terrier-ness.

Another thought is pointer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I should be getting the Wisdom Panel test kit in the mail any day now. I'm so curious.
Bullys are pretty common for rescues here, but I was thinking Rat Terrier could explain the ears. She had one ear winged and one flopped forward when I first brought her home. Now, a month later, both ears are erect except at the tips. There isn't any brown on her at all and her markings are very symetrical. She is about 25 lbs now and pretty leggy. We are guessing she is 5-6 months old.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Border Collie x Whippet I would guess. I see a lot of them at flyball and quite a few look like your pup.

Also Wisdom panel is questionable. If they are 25% confident that a breed is in the mix, they will put it as a grandparent.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Border Collie x Whippet I would guess. I see a lot of them at flyball and quite a few look like your pup.

Also Wisdom panel is questionable. If they are 25% confident that a breed is in the mix, they will put it as a grandparent.
I didn't know that about Wisdom Panel. Thank you for the info.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts