Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning my dog just released black and soft feces, she's only 2 months and this is the first time I've seen her release that kind of stool. I'm worried for I've searched through the internet and it says dark stool means there's blood in the feces? She's acting the same and I don't see anything wrong, though she ate liver last night and this morning. Could that be the cause?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Yes, the liver can influence the stool color but due to her age I'd take her straight to a vet. Particularly since she was bitten by those ticks.

On the liver, be careful how much and the quality you give her.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Food can greatly affect the puppies...outcome.

For me, one abnormal stool is not worrisome without any other symptoms...a pattern may be, but I had a pup with a sensitive stomach so I saw all kinda abnormal stuff.

·
Registered
368 Posts
bring a sample in with you if you see your vet. Black colored stools can be completely normal. Black stools that are tarry and shiny is a different matter (look like melted black plastic)- THAT can mean bleeding high up in the GI tract (like the stomach)... but the color black itself is meaningless. A slight change in diet can cause that, or an increased time between feedings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts