Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My deafblind Aussie puppy Bitsy and I had a playdate with her breeder yesterday! She is such a wonderful lady. It was a very emotional reunion because she had not seen B since I picked her up last December and B’s momma passed away shortly after that. She was worried that she had done the wrong thing by not euthanizing B when she was diagnosed, but she was so thrilled to see her thriving and playing like any other dog. Apparently B could not be more like her mom, except for her size! Momma B was 33 pounds, Daddy B was 37, and B is 37 NOW at 6 months. Our theory is that her body diverted all the energy that was supposed to go into seeing and hearing into growing. I am so glad to see that she's doing well after B's mom's passing and that she got to see how happy B is now.

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Awwww! That's amazing. Also NEED MORE PICTURES!!

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
Oh that sounds wonderful! Would love to see more pictures of B! I bet it meant a lot to the breeder to see her thriving with you.

Now correct me if I am wrong, But the breeding was a total mistake right? She didn't mean to breed double merles, right? If I remember correctly the father looked like a tri, but was actually a hidden merle? I could be totally wrong.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I don't know how your dog acquired her name, but when I was a child, there was a book that I always saw in my dentist's waiting room that was called Five Beds for Bitsy. It was about a puppy and the different beds it acquired as it grew and became too large for each earlier bed. I looked it up on-line after reading your dog's name, just to reassure myself that I wasn't imagining it. Indeed, there is such a book, which was published by Random House, and it's still possible to find used copies of it.

So, perhaps Bitsy is growing so much because she's anticipating that fifth bed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts