Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So due to a series of miscommunications, my deafblind baby Aussie Bitsy ended up coming to my linguistics lecture this afternoon, and she was great!

Bitsy had a playdate with a puppy that lives on campus this morning. I watched the kids play while her friend's mom worked, and the friend's mom was supposed to watch the kids while I was in class but she wasn’t home by the time I needed to head out. I couldn’t leave Bitsy there because I didn't bring a crate and I didn’t have time to bring her home, so I brought Bitsy into the classroom (a tiny, 12 person graduate level seminar, so we all know each other) and asked the professor if it was okay if she stayed. He said as long as she was quiet (and interested in the history of American dialects) she was more than welcome. I put her in a down stay under my feet and she plopped right down - not a peep out of the Bit for a whole hour of lecture! At thirteen weeks! She did get cold on the tile and asked to sit in my lap, but other than that she may as well have been a Beanie Baby. I am super proud and happy to know that her socialization and training is paying off, although I can't take credit for her natural temperament. This just reaffirms my belief she is going to be a truly exceptional therapy dog! Yay Bitsy!

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
@HaydenK I love proud momma moments as a dog parent! She did way better than Merlin would have done (we really need to work on that...). Her performance is not only a testament to her temperament, but also to your training. Keep up that good work and she'll be perfect as a therapy dog. :)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yay Bitsy

I think Bitsy is as happy to have you as you are to have her. The part with asking to sit in your lap made my smile and filled me with joy :)
Yay Bitsy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts