Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody! I would just like to know if there is some sort of medication I could administer to my male Jack Russel that would render his sperm incapable of impregnating a female dog without interfering with his sexual drives. The very thought of subjecting him to any kind of surgery unsettles me. (in case it means anything, I'd like to inform you that he's going to be 2 years old in September)

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
About the only way I know is asking for a vasectomy. It's a lot easier and less invasive then a traditional neuter surgery, and works the same way it does on a human. They had a drug that could chemically castrate them, but it's no longer sold in the U.S.A., but may be available where you are located.

Reactions: Tornik

·
Super Moderator
1,657 Posts
In the UK (and other places, a friend in New Zealandhas used it) we have a drug called Superlorin, which is used to suppress the production of sperm. I don't know if it is available in your country.

As I understand it though, it does decrease sexual drive too; but can I ask why that is something you want to avoid, as most people (and female dogs) would consider that nuisance behaviour?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the UK (and other places, a friend in New Zealandhas used it) we have a drug called Superlorin, which is used to suppress the production of sperm. I don't know if it is available in your country.

As I understand it though, it does decrease sexual drive too; but can I ask why that is something you want to avoid, as most people (and female dogs) would consider that nuisance behaviour?
Well, all I want is my dog to be able to engage in sexual intercourse without the unwanted outcome. Plus the fact that I do not want to permanently impair him in order to achieve that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts