Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

Im curious about your take on the following questions..

As a dog owner and trying to care for your dog / dogs:

- What is your biggest problems and frustrations when it comes to this subject?

- What prevents you from solving these?

- Do you have any aspirations and ambitions when it comes to this subject?

- What prevents you from achieving that?

Feel free to elaborate on your answers :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
The biggest problem would be knowing that they don't live as long as us, the pain knowing that after a few years they will be gone is such a painful feeling, the moments soon turning into memories. So I promise to myself to give it my all in their short time in this world.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Other people who don't listen. I take my dog out places with me because he loves it and I love spending time with him. People don't ask they just pet him. He loves petting and attention but he hates being crowded and hovered over and people staring in his eyes and petting him over the head and squealing and giving him commands and pulling dominant crap on him.
Just because he looks like someone's childhood lab doesn't mean you can do whatever you want to him.
When I tell people only pet him on his back or chest and give him some space they get mad and call me controlling, ignore me or tell me how much he likes what they're doing and won't back off or leave.
Meanwhile I'm saying good boy and frantically pulling out bacon treats and saying the word cookies to keep him from lunging at their face.
Then they start yelling commands at him. He doesn't listen to anyone but me or people he knows very well. Unless the person has food in their hand
I don't bring him out to entertain other people. They can go to a shelter, pick out their own basket case dog and literally spend thousands of dollars and hours daily for over a year like I did to transform a defiant basket case into a well trained dog.
Then tell me how easy it is.
Ridiculous rules in my city that are just to be difficult and not make sense. No dogs are allowed in any city dog areas from any other city or state, have to be licensed in my city and residents. Even if it's visiting family staying with residents who might have a dog or a foster or boarded dog or dog being temporarily in the care of a resident.
So people drive in from everywhere after hours and on weekends anyway. Stupid rule that makes no sense. My family or best friend can't visit and stay for a week and bring their dog and go to the park? Or I can't foster or board a dog or care for a friend's dog who lives one town over? As long as the dogs are vaccinated and healthy it should be fine.
Kids shouldn't be allowed in dog parks/areas. Especially unsupervised and without dogs. I don't let my dog loose in a kid's playground. Chaos would result. It's the one place many city dogs have to run and play and be totally free. Kids can go many places to play. They're too unpredictable and provoke dogs and don't listen well. I go there to enjoy time with my dog not supervise someone's kid, many of which in my neighborhood are arrogant entitled little brats who doesn't listen and doesn't even have a dog or a parent there. Or the parent is on their phone not watching the kid.if they get knocked down by two large dogs who run into them it can be a lawsuit. Forget it if they pull a tail or run screaming at the wrong dog and actually get bitten.

A woman brought her five or six year old little boy in. I gave him treats to give my dog to make friends. My ninety plus pound dog was being friendly and went and leaned up against the little kids legs like he does to everyone to ask for pets. The kid toppled over from his weight, lucky the mom was there and caught him. Kid weighed maybe thirty pounds so my dog easily weighed triple what the kid did. He innocently almost knocked him over just leaning on him. Imagine if he was zooming around at full speed and ran into him. He's knocked grown men down accidentally. Crashing into them running or walking and suddenly charging after a rabbit.

Kids don't belong in areas with multiple strange loose dogs. Bad idea. Makes life stressful for dog owners. Lots of dogs aren't used to kids and are wary around them. Lol so are lots of adults. Just because people think the world revolves around their little darlings doesn't mean they should be endangered and imposed in every situation.

·
Registered
745 Posts
If you dont want people patting your dog put a bandana with sculls & cross bones on your dog ha ha no one puts there hands near mine if she wears it. Or you could put a black bellaclava on your dog- ha ha ha no one will crowd you then - ha ha just joking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts