Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog Roxy scratches so much I feel so sorry for her. Neither one of us sleep well at night because of her scratching. She has been to a dermatologist, and he put her on shots, and was on shots for about a year and a half. He also had her different kind of pills. Nothing has worked.I hope someone can help her. I love this little dog.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Welcome to the Dog Forum Wah and Roxy!
My first question is what are you feeding her? Also, have you done any allergy testing? My first guess would be food related, but that very well may not be the case. Looking at her diet is a good place to start.
In this instance, I'd guess an allergic reation to something in her environment or her food or one if it's components.
It seams to me that the dermatologist treated the symptoms but not the cause. How did Roxy react to the shot and pills?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Oh, the poor dear! What does the derm. say is causing the itching? Does she have allergies? Have you tried a different diet? One of my shih tzu/poodles scratched terribly all the time and when I switched her to a grain free food, she stopped. Oatmeal shampoo is great for the itchies, too! I hope you're able to resolve it soon. :)

Edit: (Oops, we posted at the same time GG! :))

1 - 3 of 3 Posts