Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have 5 bichon puppies (maltese and frise mix) and one of them is tooth less, all others have their teeth but this one gives no sign of any. I tried googling it but all I find is the age the tooth should begin to grow and drop.I also found that bichon have slower teeth growth but he is the single one with no teeth.They have almost 2 moths.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Have you consulted with your vet about this? I would definitely recommend getting dental X-rays done to see what's going on under the gum line. But given his age I would talk to your vet about doing it now vs waiting a few more months. Also keep in mind that dental X-rays have to be done under anesthesia, so you may want to wait till you neuter him.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you consulted with your vet about this? I would definitely recommend getting dental X-rays done to see what's going on under the gum line. But given his age I would talk to your vet about doing it now vs waiting a few more months. Also keep in mind that dental X-rays have to be done under anesthesia, so you may want to wait till you neuter him.
So it could be a problem?I thought maybe is common that some puppies grow teeth slower .. then in one month I will go to the vet with she.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Many small dogs are born without full dentition.......my own minipoo is missing 6 premolars............it is an hereditary thing. But it is really advised that you make sure by having x-rays done to be sure that they are not under the gums(unerupted) because that could become a major problem with them abscessing if they are under there!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I forgot to ask how old the pup is, and if ALL the teeth are missing? Because sometimes small dogs can have delays in their teething....... but if they are more than 8 weeks old, it needs to be checked by a Veterinarian.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I forgot to ask how old the pup is, and if ALL the teeth are missing? Because sometimes small dogs can have delays in their teething....... but if they are more than 8 weeks old, it needs to be checked by a Veterinarian.
Well it has 7 weeks, next week I will go with her to vet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts