Dog Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has already been discussed (couldn't find it). Can someone link me to the thread or recommend a good mini clipper? I had a W--L with two heads, charger, came in a sexy patent leather bag - ooo la la .... (anyone recognize it?) that quit working for no apparent reason. It was a gift but I was told it was not expensive. I kept it clean and oiled. It worked great when it worked but I hesitate to buy another. Can anyone recommend a (small dog face and paw) mini clipper that will work for a while? Thanks.

· Registered
2,321 Posts
Don't know if this will help or not, but I got tired of my mini clippers always burning out in far less time than I thought they should. I have always taken good care of them as you have. My large clipper is going strong after many years of use, but I went through 3 of those mini clippers before I said to heck with this and stopped buying them.

I realized that most professional groomers don't even use them, but rather use the right kind of blade on their large clippers, so i decided to try that. I found to my surprise that it is actually easier to do my dogs' paws ( shaving out the fur from between the pads of the feet) with large clippers and have never looked back. Not having dogs who need their faces clipped, I don't know about that, but see no reason it would not be the same.

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know if this will help or not, but I got tired of my mini clippers always burning out in far less time than I thought they should. I have always taken good care of them as you have. My large clipper is going strong after many years of use, but I went through 3 of those mini clippers before I said to heck with this and stopped buying them.

I realized that most professional groomers don't even use them, but rather use the right kind of blade on their large clippers, so i decided to try that. I found to my surprise that it is actually easier to do my dogs' paws ( shaving out the fur from between the pads of the feet) with large clippers and have never looked back. Not having dogs who need their faces clipped, I don't know about that, but see no reason it would not be the same.
Not knowing that they had such a bad track record, I found one that looked good and ordered it about 30 minutes prior to seeing your reply. I became accustomed to the lightness in my hand, the accuracy it afforded and maybe my dog appreciates the comparative quiet of the motor buzz. I suppose I'll use it until it stops working and like you, call it quits. Thank you for your insight.

· Registered
1 Posts
Sorry if this has already been discussed (couldn't find it). Can someone link me to the thread or recommend a good mini clipper? I had a W--L with two heads, charger, came in a sexy patent leather bag - ooo la la .... (anyone recognize it?) that quit working for no apparent reason. It was a gift but I was told it was not expensive. I kept it clean and oiled. It worked great when it worked but I hesitate to buy another. Can anyone recommend a (small dog face and paw) mini clipper that will work for a while? Thanks.
You can consider this cordless mini clipper (YS-8780), very easy to use, quiet working sound, and the size is smart, the white one on the right(https://yesgrooming.com/shop/ols/pr...ir-grooming-trimmers-kit-cordless-ys-grooming). Our groomers are taking it for cheek, ears, tails and paws, or the whole body work for small dogs. Very nice!
Liquid Product Sports equipment Automotive tire Font

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry - that's 2 for 2. I just sent one back because it used a USB charging plug (what's up with that)? And just before seeing this ordered another type on ebay. This looks like one worth trying but a little out of my price range at the moment. I have bookmarked it - thanks you for finding it for me!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.