Dog Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a medium sized dog named Louis, who I found out a few months ago has protein allergies (at least the vet thinks so because he had a bad reaction to a fish based diet I tried to give him).
I've heard from others that Grandma Lucy's freeze dried venison is good for allergies and it's supposed to be really healthy and natural too, but I was wondering if anyone on here has had experience with this brand of dog food?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I've tried Grandma Lucy's and my dogs, who usually eat anything and everything, wouldn't touch it. I wasn't especially fond of the smell or texture of this food either, so didn't blame them!

If you wanted to go with a freeze dried or dehydrated food, I would recommend The Honest Kitchen base mix with the protein of your choice. With the base mix, you can add whichever protein choices work for your pup and rotate between different protein sources (that he's not allergic to) for variety.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
I have a medium sized dog named Louis, who I found out a few months ago has protein allergies (at least the vet thinks so because he had a bad reaction to a fish based diet I tried to give him).
I've heard from others that Grandma Lucy's freeze dried venison is good for allergies and it's supposed to be really healthy and natural too, but I was wondering if anyone on here has had experience with this brand of dog food?
I have never tried Grandma Lucys but have had very good luck with Zignature.
Zignature has many single protein flavors. It is also grain free and potato free.
My dog is meat intolerant, which means that meat upsets his stomach. He can only eat turkey Zignature was the first that came out with turkey which was great for me because I had to home cook before it came out.
Our Menu | Zignature

1 - 3 of 3 Posts