Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's mud season and to top things off, my dog is able to handle dog daycare now so she comes with me every day to daycare, and then sometimes to walk/play with dogs after. Juno has a coat/skin that I can only describe as being like a piglet... Short, fine hair, really thin and wispy underneath, just pink skin that mud cakes on and sticks to, even with vigorous toweling.

I don't want to be bathing her daily... But by dinnertime she has a disgusting film of drool, mud, and the rub-off of dirty dogs on her. Baby wipes don't come close to cutting it. I tried some (Earthbath) waterless bath, but it's just crap. I'm using Burt's Bees wipes (for dogs) but it takes a lot of scrubbing and at least 5 wipes to get her (mostly) clean. What should I try next?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
For waterless shampoo I use, No-Rise Waterless Shampoo 100% natural Lavender Chamomile Calming Formula by WAHL. This is the first waterless shampoo ive used so I cant compare it to anything but I like it and it smells good. Sometimes with harder to get out dirt/what ever got on their fur I putt a little bit of the waterless shampoo onto a bath wipes, rub into the bath wipe, then use it to scrub off/"wash" off the dirt, especially since the bath wipes I have are horrible. Sometimes it helps to brush the coat before and or after to help get up the debrees.
I was just looking around and I saw an idea that might work, putting waterless shampoo on a washcloth and wiping them down with that. It might last longer then a wipe and you wont have to go through so many at once.

Reactions: kelly528
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.