Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help i am really upset for Jessie since Monday morning 7am to be precise as she woke me up wanting to be fed but didnt feed her till 8am) i thought id give her some affection while she waited thought id kiss her tummy when she let me oh crikey saw it was inflamed but from what ive no idea! she is on her usual food so it must be enviromental to what no idea.

Ive started giving her tripe daily again now this has happened and ive tried her make it better butter cream all its done is calm down the heat of it and its now late friday evening when i type this and i took photos to show you what its like now.

Ive introduced coconut oil in her diet last few days and just applied some, tried cortavance spray too which doesnt seem much good right now. Even washed her belly to check if dirt no such luck :(

These pics are now, will do seperate post with how it started and progressed so you can see how it progressed to this now.
so please help opinions and suggestions welcome. In less then 13 hours going vet to weight charlie as i fear he has put on weight and see if he wil look at Jess for me. but really need opinions and advice right now. My poor baby

Attachments

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
in order of progression

in first ones she has make it better butter cream on. FWIW she got groomed last week and groomer only uses what i give her to bath Jessie and Jessie isnt stracthing just licking quite a bit. Also big thing is from under her arm downwards she stinks which is highly unusual

Attachments

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
18 Posts
He may have touched something she's allergic too so u might try a medicated itch relief shampoo and wash her with it. if she's bloated she may have gas so I'd try baby gas drops hope this works::thumbsup:

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He may have touched something she's allergic too so u might try a medicated itch relief shampoo and wash her with it. if she's bloated she may have gas so I'd try baby gas drops hope this works::thumbsup:
Honestly apart from grass im unsure what she's touched. She hasn't got into any food she allergic to either. Will buy a medicated shampoo gladly. She is gassy a bit but that's natural since introducing coconut oil in her diet. That bit will pass. It must be painful I suffer from ezcema myself and know how painful/itchy it gets. Thank you for quick response was hoping someone would reply soon oh thank you

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Honestly with out a vet examining her it's tough to say. It could be a heat rash if the groomer groomed near her belly. She could have come into contact with something, she could have an issue with the coconut oil, or her skin could be yeasty...

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Honestly with out a vet examining her it's tough to say. It could be a heat rash if the groomer groomed near her belly. She could have come into contact with something, she could have an issue with the coconut oil, or her skin could be yeasty...
Thanks for replying greatly appreciate it!She didnt have a heat rash at all when i picked her up and hardly gets those after groom. Its spring here so she must of come into contact with something but no idea what yet. she once had coconut oil in the past with no issues but things change it certainly didnt help her belly its no better. I am wondering if its yeasty because the vet said something few weeks back it could be getting yeasty as her ears were bit smelly but didnt need cleaning and i had noticed a odor on her esp on top front paw the hair there.

Will ask dr mike if he will have a look when come weigh charlie. she is just licking it under the covers alot atm

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
heat rash it has been hotter then usual so that could cause it too right?

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
now.

my poor baby i suppose might be tad better then last night due to coconut oil or at least i hope so

Attachments

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
You may need a cone till you find out. Maybe groomer used a different shampoo without telling you, could cause a reaction. Poor Jesse.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
vet isnt concerned its only because i notice with all her reactions in the past and looking closely that i noticed but he did say its dry in between folds and he really checked her over without charge. they gave me sample of some new shampoo and lotion to try from HUHA a rescue in NZ have made that they found works on mange etc and any inflammation. it smells lovely and its all natural apparently.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bit better!?

so today here is her belly looking to me a bit better. Not completely gone but i think it could be worth the $30 to get the lotion.

Attachments

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
from 9th november but now looks more normal just need to get a pic of her belly now for you all. @StormyPeak i found this new great stuff very pricey at 30 NZD each a bottle but take a look at this page and link as it might cost less in your dollars? shampoo is weird and probably not last long for jaya as they have to be dry when apply it then wet it a bit and leave for 5 mins or so before rinsing off but i thought of jaya (just incase you need more options.
https://huha.mystorbie.com/
https://www.facebook.com/HUHANZ-349434732754/

Lotion very spreadable. all natural.

Attachments

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also keeping up the coconut oil every few days as she cant handle it daily atm well she can but phew farts come out. an alot happier dog for sure! havent given tripe for a week just forgot with life being so busy

Attachments

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
If she smells bad from the skin, that gives a hint that there is a yeast infection and maybe also a bacterial infection, but yeast is the really stinky one.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Thanks for the link to the shampoo. I'll check it out.

It snowed heavily here the other week, but it's since melted off, and I have grass showing again on the lawn. But, Jaya's scratching has reduced some....so I think the snow and wet (it's been raining on some days and too cold for anything to grow again) seems to have knocked down the pollen somewhat that are bugging Jaya. Even if the snow stays on the ground, it would still probably take a few weeks for Jaya to stop itching.

I'll keep that link bookmarks, just in case next year ends up being as bad as this past summer.

Glad to hear Jessie's belly cleared up. Hope it was just a one time thing...like maybe she laid down on something in the grass that irritated her belly and the stuff has since dissipated.

Stormy

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If she smells bad from the skin, that gives a hint that there is a yeast infection and maybe also a bacterial infection, but yeast is the really stinky one.
The shampoo helps but not been a week since bathed her and she stinks again. not sure why or what she has been up to when i havent been with her on walks though but it isnt a bad smell if you get what i mean

She has a tad of a rash but have re introduced coconut oil so put some coconut oil on her belly to see what happens over the next day to see if its that but she does have enviromental allergies and she has i think protien stains on her paw hair its just visible but could be wrong will try take pics but due to color of her hair and she does have red in her coloring from her mum hard to tell. this time caught the rash early enough before flares right up to what it was!

Thanks for the link to the shampoo. I'll check it out.

It snowed heavily here the other week, but it's since melted off, and I have grass showing again on the lawn. But, Jaya's scratching has reduced some....so I think the snow and wet (it's been raining on some days and too cold for anything to grow again) seems to have knocked down the pollen somewhat that are bugging Jaya. Even if the snow stays on the ground, it would still probably take a few weeks for Jaya to stop itching.

I'll keep that link bookmarks, just in case next year ends up being as bad as this past summer.

Glad to hear Jessie's belly cleared up. Hope it was just a one time thing...like maybe she laid down on something in the grass that irritated her belly and the stuff has since dissipated.

Stormy
Your welcome i thought of you and jaya and thought could be worth it and if you cant afford it you might be able to find similar product id hope.i love how runny the lotion is because i can easily spread it and massage it in on her. HUHA NZ had lots of dogs with mange etc and they made thier own shampoo and lotion with research to see if it would work and found it really worked so they selling to the public now. even my vet stocking it

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So Jessie went to groomer today and i bought up her skin and that i know she only uses what i give her to use and she confirmed that she only uses the shampoo i provide for Jessie especially on last groom. Thought so i told her. Anyway i picked Jessie up at 12 20pm and Jess went ape anyway groomer got her up in her arms and i looked at belly hell lot better only all this flaking skin! omg her belly so dry! groomer said i thought you knew i said i had idea its dry but not that dry so i immediately put the lotion on her belly.

This is clearly environmental and dry skin. Here are pics of the dry skin you can just see it on the pics but it is hardly inflamed thank goodness. taken few hours ago. She is just like me with dry skin. Main thing is im happy we have come a long way with her skin just unsure about continuing with coconut oil due to bit of weight gain maybe can use topically though or tiny amounts a day?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts