Dog Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the dog forum. My name is Kat, ironically, and I have three dogs, a corgi, and shiba inu, and a husky mix. I've had two dogs before them, a malamute and a corgi mix who passed away from old age. I've never had an aggressive issue with any of them before but our husky mix, Nala, is a rescue who came from a bad home. She was dead scared of us when we got her but after two nights she wouldn't leave our side. The only issue now is that when we go camping or on walks she growls at anyone who comes by, and it's not a pretty growl it's very scary and sometimes she bears her teeth. She's never bitten anyone or snapped at anyone and we don't have issues with other dogs or animals and if someone comes in our house or if we're at the dog park she loves everyone who comes by. But the minute we're outside the house and the people don't own a dog, she wants nothing to do with them. I don't mind her not wanting to be social with strangers but I am worried that maybe she will bite one day and I've never delt with this before so sometimes I get scared when people walk by and I assume she can tell which must make her more nervousness. If anyone knows any tips or training that I can do that would be very helpful, training for me and my Nala. Thank you!

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts