Dog Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
within the last 2-3 weeks my parents pomeranian has started to hide. He will come in my room and go under a small round table that i have, he hides under the table cloth. he will stay there for a few minutes to a few hours. if you lift she cloth to look at him all he is doing is sitting under the table panting. he wont even lay down. he has also started to go in the bathroom and he lies between the toilet and the wall (2 foot space if that).....the only other thing i have noticed is he is panting more. he has always panted alot, but i dont knpw, it seems worse. he is eating, drinking, and pooping normal. I was thinking it could be something to do with anxiety but im not sure. any input would be helpful. thanx

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
If this is sudden as is the panting a lot I would schedule a vet appointment asap. Something could be wrong. Cats tend to hide and not come out when they are injured or ill, I have heard the same goes for dogs. They don't know how else to tell their human they aren't feeling good.

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
panting is indicative of stress....

need more info...how old the dog? how long you had it? Anything change? Dog had a bad experience lately?

:) :) :)

if there is nothing obvious to be afraid of then a vet visit is in order

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i believe he is 9 years old, we have had him since he was about 8-9 months old. nothing has happend to him that any of us are aware of. he has a seizure problem. but he has had this most of his life and we haved asked the vet, he said it is nothing to worry about. he has had only 1 seizure in the last month. i would say it was about 3-4 weeks ago. but nothing recent has happened to him. we have a yorkie too and he is fine, the pom still interacts with him like normal too. need any other info let me know. and thanx

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Well I think you should get him into the vet then. If nothing severe has happened it sounds like it could be medical.

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
If the dog is old its possible there is age related pain or dementia is setting in...My pom would have moments of not knowing who we were and hiding like that. Let us know what the vet thinks! :)

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Keep us posted!!

Basically big changes in behavior can be two things; A medical problem or a big change has occured (Big in their opinion) ie. some change in routine etc.

BEST to rule out medical before brainstorming about what else it could be-we can always work on behavioral things but medical things are serious-and the longer we wait the worse they are/more expensive they are.
:) I hope everything is OK :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts