Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your dog need you to do something, or has to do something, before settling down in the evening?

Shadow has to have me sit on the floor with him and give him a good rub down and message before he'll settle down. He usually hides his head under my arm while I do. If I don't do that he paces back and forth refusing to settle down.

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
Ah! Our Josey is like your dog. He needs some sort of attention before he can relax, and if I forget, then he thinks of something "naughty" to get attention from someone, me, Tessa, one of the cats...

Tessa on the other hand, flops onto the couch and is out like a light after supper, until she wakes up for "last potty" about 8 pm. One would never guess that she is the younger dog, and Josey is 5 years old. She acts like a grown-up and Josey still acts like a needy puppy. Maybe its a gender thing?:p

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Nola won't settle unless I lift the blanket up for her to cuddle under.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Riley seems to get one last spurt of energy before he goes to sleep. He also *needs* a potty break at around 10pm.

Aww, those bedtime massages/cuddles sound cute, I'm jealous! Riley doesn't like to be touched when he's sleeping. If I try to pet him he usually gets up and leaves :p

·
Registered
10,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Rileysaur!

It's the only time he'll hold still and cuddle, otherwise he doesn't hold still when I pet him.

When he was younger, could still jump, and could see, he used to like get in bed with me, or on the couch, and lay next to me and cuddle for a couple minutes every morning before starting his day.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Bree has to get her last potty break and a bit of loving from us - normally, a last-minute game of fetch/catch-me-if-you-can/tug or a belly rub/wrestling match. She also has to go grumble at and harass the cats, but we're going to start making that less of a routine...someday.

Bree doesn't do calm petting (it always triggers a game for her) except when she's exhausted, and then I think she just puts up with it because it's too much effort to move.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts