Dog Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys! I haven't been here in a while but i wanted to pop in and share how my boys are doing. :)

Archer will be 3 years old in January, can't believe my little pup is such an adult now. He is totally amazing. I work as a dog trainer, collecting hours to take my test to be certified as a CPDT and CBCC. He helps me with my sessions with reactive dogs and doesn't bat en eyelash. He loves to work and has matured into just a lovely dog.

Bernie is doing good as well! He likes to hang at home mostly, but they both do K9 Nose Work and will be going to their first ORT (Odor Recognition Test) and from there they can go to Trials. So pumped! They both LOVE it, and I do too! After my behavior certifications i'm going to get certified as a K9 Nose Work instructor with the NACSW as well.

Alsoooo, we have a new family member. He comes from a backyard breeder, unfortunately. My "friend" bought him at 10 weeks old and quickly realized that she couldn't handle a puppy. And surprise, the crappy breeder wouldn't take him back. So I took him in.

We named him Arrow, and he is now 13 weeks. I've had him for 2 weeks now, and we are doing a lot of behavior modification to help him through fear of strangers. He is a super puppy at home and in every other situation, but strangers scare him. He is making progress through and can now be around new people as long as they ignore him. The good thing is he is so young, and we are getting an early start on it. Apparently the momma dog was fearful of new people and has passed it on to her pups. My SO will be taking him through the Puppy Manners class that I teach, which starts next week.

Anyway, he just weighed in at 34 lbs, he's a big kid.

Now for some photos...

Archer and Arrow

Arrow

Bernie, as handsome as ever!

Archer

Bernie and Arrow for size comparison, Bernie is 70lbs.

Will post more later!

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Welcome Back! You were missed! Can't wait to see more pictures of how Arrow grows, and what he eventually decides to do with those ears!

Reactions: Gilliandi

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Welcome Back! Love the new pupster....love those wonkey ears!

Archer and Bernie are handsome as ever.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!

Here's a few more.

On a walk with Arrow

He fell off the log

Running to me!

Ready to go!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Congrats on the new family member, he's adorable. And those ears, he kind of looks like he's perpetually standing in the wind blowing to the right. I cant wait to see how he grows up and how his ears turn out.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! He's a really good puppy. I'm hoping we can help him feel safe around strangers enough that he isn't reactive anymore. I don't care if he never loves new people, I just want him to live a life free of fear. :)

Reactions: Sabina88

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have more to share!

Arrow hanging out

On a walk in the woods

The boys playing at home, I love this set of photos, ha ha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts