Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always thought it would be cool to raise bees... not even for the honey... just for the fun of it. It would help the honey bee population as well.

I saw a bee keeping add on tv last night and said, "That looks so cool!" And my dad said that we could do it. The farmer up the road has a bunch of bee boxes out in a field and we don't think that his family uses them. So we are going to ask his son if we can have one!

I didn't know my dad was interested in it as well.

Do you have any experience with bee keeping?

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
No experience but would LOVE to do it as well. Even just a hive or two. It's on my "list"

Reactions: KodaKeet

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just read some stuff about it on a website and it seems more complicated than it looks. But it seems worth it! The commercials I saw on TV were for bee keeping classes.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I'm getting re-started with chickens and after I get set up with that I'd love to have bees. I'm back with my parents for now (we live on a farm) and they're not thrilled about the idea even though I could keep it away from the house. So I may need to wait until I have some space of my own :)

I think bees are awesome. They do great things and the wax and honey have multiple uses and are so beneficial. It's like a win/win.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I would love to do it simply for the reason of helping the bee population and I plan on having a lot of gardens.

Although, I used to be pretty terrified of bees. I think now the fear is mostly geared towards hornets.

Either way it'd be way in the future. But I think my cousin is planning on keeping bees. Not sure when that's happening, but she recently moved into a house so maybe soon.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have thought about it as I like bees and would be interested in pursuing the tax benefits. I have to move out of the city though and then I will seriously examine. Many areas offer tax advantages for beekeeping as it is so critical.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts