Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a dog a few weeks ago. I went through all the proper procedures, chip check, vet check, brought her to the groomer bc she was covered in dreads, got her antibiotics because she had a UTI. They said she’d been out for over a year at least. She’s a chocolate collie, about 1-2 years and not spayed yet, but she’s having this problem. She leaks a little when she’s just laying down. Sometimes she will get up and be in a puddle of clear liquid, or wake up in the same liquid. I’m not sure if it’s even urine. She’s potty trained very well, she knows to go outside to potty and begs to go out. Every time I go to the vet it costs me a couple hundred dollars and no luck with her issue. It’s very frustrating. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Gosh, that's a tough one. I had a 6 month old puppy that peed a little when she was excited or nervous; her mom did the same thing. I put a diaper on her and she never had an accident while wearing it. I know it's a pain to manage (and a little ridiculous looking) but it might be worth a try.

·
Super Moderator
685 Posts
That does sound like incontinence though. I know vets are expensive but I can't see another way of resolving it. She has a lot of wet years ahead if you don't sort it, medications are available.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts