Dog Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very small amounts of clear fluid and blood came out when I was dissecting what it could be.. Has grown from the last time I noticed it (few days ago). Not exactly sure what it could possibly be. Any suggestions?!

·
Registered
562 Posts
You were DISSECTING it?? From the picture it's clear you were poking at this obviously irritated area on your dogs head with a TOOTHPICK, so it's no wonder there was fluid and blood coming from it, which had to be more than a little painful/uncomfortable. It could be a bite, or ringworm or any variation of things, and poking at it is NOT going to help your dog.

Please stop doing that and take your dog to the vet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry wrong choice of word, I was simply looking at it. That toothpick you see in the picture was being used by my brother when I asked him help me take a picture.

The VERY SMALL amount, like I mentioned, of fluid and blood showed when I was moving the hair around to get a better look at it. So no dissecting, poking, or caused irritation happened and no my dog was not in pain or uncomfortable.

Hopefully that cleared up what was actually meant.
I was told if it gets worse or grows rapidly over the next couple days then to take him to a vet, but until then I was curious if any one has seen something similar...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.