Dog Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum and I've been asked to post more pictures of my pup! He is a 6month old American Brittany boy born on April 4th, 2015. He is not my first dog, but he is the first dog my husband and I have had together. Also, he is the first Brittany for both of us, and as many of you already know, we really have our hands full here. I have to say though, he's nothing short of a gorgeous little dog!

Little Tona on his very first day with us

He was so tiny compared to my husband!

The same day we got him we went camping and hiking for the weekend! His very first day with us we had him hiking the Batona trail (his namesake).

He hiked for a about 15 minutes and then just slept in the arms of me, my husband, and my sister!

It was pretty cool that weekend so he spent most of his time at camp wrapped up in a blanket sleeping.

When we got home he took to kennel training very fast!

His first time in the lake by our house (not a huge fan, but he'll do pretty much anything for a stick)!

His very first time at the new Bass Pro Shop in Atlantic City. He was dead asleep in the truck on the way home after seeing so many new things and meeting so many new people. At one point he was being passed around the break room because the gun department guy just had to show his friends!

Perfect angel at his first vet appointment.

My parent's Australian Cattle Dog, Ellie. She thinks that puppies are horrible little creatures, but is very patient.

His first (and only) time on one of the horses.

His first point with the flirt pole. It's not perfect, but he's getting there!

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
Oh he is cute!

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Ahhhhhh he's seriously SO cute!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@thecoulters, is he eventually going to be a bird dog?
@jclark343 We originally had plans of putting him through the training, but that's 100% up to my husband. If he decides he wants to get into bird hunting more (he mostly hunts deer), then we will. I wouldn't ever use him for that so I was going to do agility for fun classes with him. He's started on birds a little bit, and I've been told it's so ingrained into their brains that he could pick it up at 5, 8, 10 years old. We were recently at an outdoor expo and we heard about a club called NAVHDA, but I haven't looked into that yet.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also, I'm not sure how that weird photo got put in the middle or his photos? I was using tiny pic so I may have copied the wrong img link!

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
I have a teammate that does both agility and birds with her lab, both are totally an option. But either way you are going to have a blast with this boy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a teammate that does both agility and birds with her lab, both are totally an option. But either way you are going to have a blast with this boy.
I hope so! We've had some rough patches, but he's very slowly turning into a good dog. I've never had my patience tested like this before!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've never seen a liver Brittany before- his dark coloring is beautiful!
Thank you so much! We got him from Quail Hollow Kennel in Salem, NJ. Steve mostly has orange and white, but he does have a few liver and white. I was leaning towards an orange and white female but ended up with a liver and white male!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts