Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all. I am new here, and therefore do not know if this has been suggested before or not; if it has, it probably won't hurt to bring it up again. :) Anyways, my JRT absolutely hates water. Won't even go in the bathroom because she knows that is where the tub is. I was researching online, and I found a thread that stated if you will run the water in the bath and let it sit for about thirty mintues before taking your dog in there and putting him/her in the water, it will not stress them out as much because the sound of running water can be another stimulant to freak them out more than necessary. While this step didn't cure her of her hate of water, it did make bathtime a little less stressful. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
I'd start getting her to be comfortable in the bathroom before you add the water. Be in there and talk softly to her, give her treats when she comes in, even feed her in and near the bathroom if it's that bad. Then once she's comfortable, turn the water on so it isn't gushing (more of just a trickle) and repeat above steps until she's fine with the water on full blast.

Reactions: seebrown

·
Banned
101 Posts
Hey y'all. I am new here, and therefore do not know if this has been suggested before or not; if it has, it probably won't hurt to bring it up again. :) Anyways, my JRT absolutely hates water. Won't even go in the bathroom because she knows that is where the tub is. I was researching online, and I found a thread that stated if you will run the water in the bath and let it sit for about thirty mintues before taking your dog in there and putting him/her in the water, it will not stress them out as much because the sound of running water can be another stimulant to freak them out more than necessary. While this step didn't cure her of her hate of water, it did make bathtime a little less stressful. Hope this helps!
sometimes my baby really si a little afraid of teh water. so it helped me in certain situation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts