Dog Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post here on the dogforum, I hope this is in the right spot.

I am looking for a bassett hound / wire haired terrier mix. We have one that we just adore. The litter was an absolute accident but the resulting puppies have been the smartest, happiest & cutest dogs ever.

Does anyone have any idea where I could find this kind of mix? I've tried to look through petfinder.com & have done a lot of google searches without any luck. So now I'm putting feelers out there on dog message boards.

Here's our dog:

(I know she's irresistable!!)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi and welcome to the dog forum GottaRide! Your dog is very adorable! I wish I could help you out trying to find a dog, but she looks like a tough act to follow! Please let us know if you find one and post pics!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't know where you are, but the City of S
avannah, Mo., has two bassett terrier mixes at their facility right now (Aug 24, 2012).

·
Registered
291 Posts
Keep an eye out for beagle/terrier mixes too. Beagles and bassets aren't quite the same, of course, but I think they share some key personality traits. Beagles are super popular in the south and my rescue gets a million of them, so maybe you'll find one mixed with a terrier.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
If you find a litter will you please drop one on my doorstep? Bassets and terriers are my favorites so naturally I love your dog. Is it mixed with a wire fox terrier?

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Marbear: I thought the same thing when I saw the picture

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Ditto the above.. if its the look you like, get a PBGV and support a responsible breeder.. don't buy a puppy from someone who intentially breeds a mix. However if you could find one in rescue more power to ya. :) Your dog is very cute. I'd like to point out though, that no matter the breed dogs are individuals and you're unlikely to get the same type of temperament when it comes to mutts.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Check out Ozark Homeward Bound rescue. They have a petfinder and a adopt-a-pet webpage. A few weeks ago when I adopted my mutt from them they had some terrier hound mixes which are super smart and affectionate, seemed like great pups -- would have gotten one if I hadn't adopted my dog instead.

Here's a petfinder profile for one of them: Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Airedale Terrier | Harrison, AR | Jiminy

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a yorkie terrier and she is having bassett hound puppies, around the first of the year. Has anyone ever seen this mixture of breads before???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts