Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 11 week old Samoyed and we've had her for about 3 weeks now. The first night she cried a little in her crate but would stop and slept until she needed to pee.

The next few nights I slept with her on the couch because my other half couldn't stand the whining. She did ok and eventually went to sleep. However after that she started barking non stop if she knew I was still in the room with her.

I crate her during the day and put her in the laundry room downstairs. She only barks for less than 5 mins and goes to sleep. Since she was doing so well I tried moving her crate to the living room to so she could be a part of the daily activities. I've tried crate games, giving her food in the crate, hiding treats in there.. She barks constantly if she knows we are in the room. Helps a little if I put a blanket over, but she still gets worked up from hearing us move around.

Downstairs she'll start barking once she hears us open our bedroom door. Any pointers to get her to stop barking in her crate? Or do I just have to give it time? I've read other people on here have said it only took their dogs a few days..

I've also tried rewarding her when she's quiet but sometimes she won't even take the reward. I tried to clicker too but that only lasted one session before she stopped responding to it.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Are you sure you are using the clicker right. You click and treat for quiet only ignore the rest. Did you charge the clicker first so the dog knows what it means.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.