Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dogs are both pretty decent in the backyard. They're reactive to the dogs beyond the fence, but i blocked their sight and it's improved some but, when there's nothing going on they're quiet and good. I've tried counter-conditioning for that and it improved a bit but was just a lost cause

I'm trying to get to where i can leave them outside during the day - i just built them a doghouse with AC. I got a call from my neighbor who works nights, just my luck, saying the dog(s) barked all morning. I could hear one barking when i left for work but thought it would stop like it always does.

Is this something i can gradually train them to over time? Say, by getting up early and letting them out for a bit longer at a time?

I'm trying to leave them outside to avoid having to pay someone everyday to come over and let them out of their crates inside - one is ultra-destructive after a couple of bad incidents happened after i had him fully house trained involving construction workers having access to my old apartment when i was gone.

EDIT: they have stayed outside for hours before, but never starting that early in the morning.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.