Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my girl Roxy (almost 2 year old mixed breed) on a walk to our mailbox and she came across a possibly 7 year old kid, and proceeded to loudly bark and wouldn't stop until the kid walked away. How do I work with her on not doing that, when I have no kids or even any friends with kids?

I'm planning on taking her and my boy Rico to obedience and behavior training for some bad habits they have (barking at dogs walking past our backyard fence, barking at random noises like a car going over a speedbump outside, and confidence buiding for Rico) but I can't do that until we move from here to our next location, wherever that might be, in around 6 months. I've watched things like Kikopup, but it seems like I'd need to have the stimulus to work with, which is also my issue with the random noises that trigger their barking. I'm so confused:confused:

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
You could always visit a local park to find kids. You don't need them to touch the dog just be close enough for the dog to see.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
could it be that the barking is territorial motivated?
does he bark mainly when he is on your property or close to your property and something (human, animal, dog, random noise-source) comes close to it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.