Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's getting to a point where i don't know what to do with Ellie when we walk in public. She barks continuously, gets uncontrollable as soon as we see other dogs, and she pulls on her leash so hard she goes up on her hind legs.
I've tried many different things such as being a tree, the 300 peck method and just ignoring her barking. Nothing seems to calm her down. She's at 9 months old and i don't think it's just an age issue.
Her dog walker has said that if she doesn't get better soon she won't be able to keep her on.

I've booked an appointment with a personal trainer on sunday.

I just need to know that she can get better because at this point i feel really desperate. Has anyone else ever had this problem and did you manage to solve it? Is it common in young dogs?

·
Registered
254 Posts
What kind of lead are you using. I often found a flat collar was the most encouraging thing for my dog to stand. When tied outside she became extremely proficient at getting to the end of her lead and using the tension of her collar and the tie out to stand and "see" more. A harness or an ez leader may be more appropriate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts