Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My first post! Does anyone know of a bark collar that does not beep when you turn it on? I don't need static/shock, just a beep since that is effective with him, but I don't want it to beep when I turn it on (triggering the reaction I only want when he barks).

My dog is actually really well behaved and responds to voice control in pretty much every instance. Except when I'm at the dog park and kids ride by on scooters - he chases them and barks madly, terrifying the kids sometimes to tears, thus the need for the collar. However, both collars that I've tried so far beep when I turn them on, scaring him when he should be excited for the run to the park.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I’d suggest you don’t use the bark collar at all but instead build up a positive Association with whatever he doesn’t like but rewarding him when you see them at distance for not barking. You might need to start some distance away then get gradually closer. Look for a place where you can practice this and don’t go back to the place where he is triggered until he is less reactive to them. You can them generalise the trainer to other triggers as needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,033 Posts
Hi there! I'm going to close comments here because a bark collar is considered an aversive tool and as such, recommendations are not allowed on this forum.

I'd suggest finding a force free trainer to help you work through his reactivity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.