Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love ball pythons, they are such cool snakes. Good size, not too big(though I LOVE big snakes. Burmese pythons being my favorite) and laid back. For my birthday my BF got me a pretty little male Champagne. I have a female spider ball too, no plans to breed. I named him Perry, my female is named Abby. I can't get any photos up right now because my camera charger isn't working. But hopefully soon I'll get some and post them if anyone wants to see.
Anyone else have any ball pythons or other snakes?

·
Registered
871 Posts
I have a western hognose female! I really love the spiders and the champagne ball pythons! Though my favorite morph I saw was an axanthic pied. Saw it at a reptile con. Beautiful snake. I'd love to see pictures of yours!

My hognose has gone off her food recently. She hasn't eaten in about 3 weeks and it has me worried, though I know they can sometimes go off their food in the winter. She has been super temperamental recently too. I wish there was a way to do CC with snakes! Lol

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hognoses are cool little snakes, if you want to post some pics go for it.

Pied anything ball pythons are awesome looking. One of my favorite morphs, I'd love to get one but a little out of my price range right now.
My female ball has been off fed since about Oct/Nov. She should start eating again around March, but I'm trying to get her eating by raising her temps a bit. I had a wild caught male, my first who would hibernate every year and go off fed for about six months out of the year. It's so frustrating even though I know they are fine. I like to weight them once a month or so to make sure they aren't loosing any weight. This little male is a pig, ate his mouse down and was looking for more. I'd like to get him moved over to rats, they seem to grow better on them. After I have a few meals in him I'll start trying to switch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts