Dog Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Tomorrow will be better. How long before she can go outside? Is it possible to take her out in a little puppy sling so that you both get some fresh air without her being at risk from unvaccinated dogs or dirty ground?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Tomorrow will be better. How long before she can go outside? Is it possible to take her out in a little puppy sling so that you both get some fresh air without her being at risk from unvaccinated dogs or dirty ground?
I think in April she will be able to go outside. Right now the only way she can go outside is if I'm holding her in my arms and sometimes she doesn't want to be held

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If it is really that bad, maybe you should consider returning her to the breeder?
No, that's not an option, there are times that I don't know what I would do without her... when I got home from work today, I held her in my arms and hugged her and my anxiety went down but as I am saying, sometimes she doesn't want to be hugged so I can't count on that for ever

·
Registered
48 Posts
I can’t help but wonder why you feel the need to have a dog when it’s obviously causing you so much more anxiety. You seem to be unable to handle the dog and you sure don’t need any more problems. I know this is very difficult for you but maybe you should wait until you’re ready and more stable. You’re going to transfer your anxiety to your dog and the last thing you need is a dog with problems. The fact that you don’t eat all day seems there’s a serious threat here and it’s not healthy either mentally or physically. I am so sorry you’re going through this but not everybody is capable of handling a puppy. I am also afraid that you may resent that not having free time for yourself is going to transfer to this little guy also. I hope you give this some serious thought very soon and if you have to give the puppy up don’t feel guilty. Not everybody can do this.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts