Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am not against reputable breeders however I cannot stand and breeders who pretend to be reputable breeders. I have recently put together a collaboration of photos of puppies produced by a proclaimed "AKC Labrador Breeder," sent to me by the kennel owner herself. The funny part is... This woman produces mix bred dogs as well for profit and hides them from her business. She's a white, yellow, chocolate, black, and silver lab breeder. She breeds her unregistered labradors too. And mix breeds occasionally. However, she only advertises her yellow, chocolate, and black labradors on her website.

I want to warn people about this puppy mill. I have photograph proof as I said that I want to share. I wrote her a bad review but I don't feel like this gains enough awareness. It's breeders like her that give good breeders a bad name and fill shelters with mix bred dogs. Any suggestions on what I can do? Any websites I should post to?

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Initially I would say report her to the AKC--but they don't care that much. However they might care about the unregistered dogs, as they are not profiting from them, so it's worth a shot. I would also perhaps contact some Puppy Mill organizations like Prisoners of Greed, or the Companion Animal Protection Society. If she is mistreating the dogs as well perhaps the Humane Society or ASPCA as well. If you think what she's doing might fall under fraud I would contact local police as well, but they will probably be unsure of how to respond to a case like this. Unfortunately, it's possible you still won't make any real progress. Sadly this is a serious issue that "important" people just don't care about. But good luck and I hope you can do something!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will go ahead and contact AKC as you suggested. I did send emails to other Kennels who have granted her breeding rights and I showed them what her operation is really about and they took those rights from her and she has lost breeding rights on 2 dogs. They were shocked because this woman sounds completely nice, reputable, and ethical online which is not the case. If I see anymore dogs posted on her website that she seems to plan to breed I will also send emails to those kennels. I don't like being that person but this kennel is a fraud, and I am so tired of seeing her allow these puppies to be produced and sold.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts