Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do u feel it's helped your dog behaviour wise or not ? Because I will be going back to classes with him, but just got one today and tried my dog with it (empty)he's a cavachon , he was fine at beginning of the walk but on the way back home he was a "hang on what this on my back " But I gave him lots of treat on the way round and some when we got in an made a big fuss of him while wearing telling him he's a good lad etc , so hopefully he'll think it's a good thing :) , but the reason I got it was because of his behaviour it's completely my fault (I got mentally ill a year after I got him ) so training when out of window I'd still do do the lil stuff like sit etc but his recall is shocking he pulls on lead and he goes hypo around people jumping up at them getting on laps without having permission and believe I am stricked with him (with how much treat he gets and stuff)but when he can't get his own way off me he goes behind my back to my mum an barks at her to get it lol it's not funny really but that what he does and it doesn't help that mum just gives it to him, he's got a lil obsession with the cracks in the floor outside and will lick an bark down the cracks we have filled them in3 time he digs them out I'm walking him more now but he still goes nuts at them . I know that it's my fault he like this :( and I want to do something about it so I will be taking him back to classes but it's getting him to respect me mum too but he won't because he gets his own way off her sorry if my post is a bit mixed up but I'm at my wits end with my mum moaning at me about him and threatening to get rid of him behind my back any help would be greatly appreciated x

·
Registered
140 Posts
Difficult to understand your post. Your dog needs consistency. Tell your mom to stop feeding him treats when he is acting poorly. It just reinforces the bad behavior.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Your post was a little confusing, but ill start off with the backpack. Backpacks aren't a training tool to help fix behaviors. There a way for dogs to "help out" so to speak and carry some stuff, it also helps to tire them out since they have to carry weight while waking/hiking ect.
How much exercise does he normally get? Its good that you are going to be going to classes with him, just make sure you find a trainer that is force free.
I'm confused by what you meant when you said "when he can't get his own way off me he goes behind my back to my mum an barks at her to get it". Are you saying that when you don't give him a treat he goes to your mom and your mom gives him a treat?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts