Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive been seeing these "tactical" backpacks for dogs and at first i didnt give them much thought, but as my dog gets older i can see how they would come in handy for camping or hiking.
My lab is almost a year old and is about 60lbs once hergrowth plates are closed id like to do some distancd hiking with her. So i was thinking about getting one and using it for water and food for her so my backpack doesnt get too bulky as im already carry quite a bit for myself.

My main concern is it causing back problems. Now of course om not going to load it up with 50+lbs of stuff. Like i said, water, a bit of food, and maybe a couple other small things.

But im curious if anyone else uses these, what there thoughts are, and what everyone else thoughts are. Thanks!

Here a link to one on ebay. I cant find the exact one i was looking at but this has the general idea.

Tactical Dog K9 Training MOLLE Vest Harness 5 Sizes 9 Colors Option | eBay

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a backpack for my girl, but it's not nearly as..intense..as above. I have the Ruffwear Palisade Pack. I love it, but honestly, my girl hates it. We're still getting her used to it, so at the moment she only wears it empty. Soon we'll introduce small items and build up the weight she carries from there. In the end she'll carry her collapsible bowl, water (the pack comes with two bladders that fit into the bags), treats, and some basic first aid stuff (vet wrap, a bandage, hand towel).

We don't overnight backcountry camp since there's no where to do it around us right now, but in the future if we move and can do that stuff again then she'll have a little puppy roll-up camping bed that she'll carry too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts