Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been training two or three times a week at the indoor arena since September. I have been working with Remmy, Lucy and Kris. Attached is a video of one of our training sessions with Kris. Big winter boots are not the best things to try and run in.

https://youtu.be/RKxKuq6KXvw

Remmy has bounced back to enjoying Agility so I am not going to retire him after all. I am aiming for the trial in March with him. Kris would probably be ready also but as we are staying in a Motel, one of the only trials that we do not camp out at, I am going to wait for the later trials with her when we are camping.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Looks like he's doing a good job and having fun. You have a very nice agility course in your area. I wish there was one similar to this around here.

·
Registered
827 Posts
What a cute dob! Lucky you full size ring to practice in (even though it is obviously cold). And on dirt to boot! Kris looks very focused and happy. We don't start trialing again until March too. Savannah and I have enjoyed our downtime. Mentally and physically I feel that teams need it about once yearly. Nothing worst than a ring sour dog. Can't wait to see more of Kris!!!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
We are probably going to have to take a break from training now that the temperature has dropped down to -20F at night and not warming up much during the day. Once the arena really cools down it is just too cold to do much.

However, we do have a big room upstairs in the arena that is heated that we can work with the small dogs in. It has all rubber mats so we are going to take our portable weave poles and a couple of jumps and short tunnels tomorrow to do some handling exercises with. I have my Shih Tzu x Maltese, my sister has her Rat Terrier and the other person has three Paps. It won't hurt Kris to have a break from the Agility as I still do Obedience and Rally with her. Fun match coming up on the 10th of Jan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.