Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

We just found out that we are getting our Goldendoodle puppy in July and we are SO excited! Unfortunately, we agreed to watch my parent's 12 year old yorkie during the same week we will now be bringing our puppy home. Is there any way to make this work? This Yorkie will be in our puppy's lives a lot, but we do not want to create any confusion or stress the first week. My parents do not have anyone else close by to help them watch her so I would prefer not to leave them high and dry, but of course if that's my only option then they will have to find alternative care.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
As it is only for a week, I would be inclined to just keep them separated. A Golden puppy could hurt the little dog just trying to play with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had actually considered that too. I was very excited to bring her home, however, if that would be best for her then that is what I will have to do. Thanks!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I agree, the first days in a new home for a puppy hold so many new impressions/sounds/smells/experiences for them already. I remember everything was so scary and/or exciting for our puppy when we got her. I personally would pick her up a week later, then you can fully focus on the pup and it'll be less stressful for the older doggie too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts